mr. brown can moo! can you? by dr. seuss



I'll let you in on a little secret. (ahem...) I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Seuss. Shocking I know. There are very few books from this series that are enjoyable for me to read with the kids. I actually find myself wondering what in the world is he referring to? And to be quite perfectly honest, I'm not too thrilled with the idea of kids letting a stranger into their house while their Mom's away. The Cat in the Hat's tricks convince the kids that its ok - because of all the fun things he can do! While I get the soaring imagination this may bring, I'm not too keen on the messaging - that probably didn't exist so negatively when he first wrote it more than 50 years ago.

Still, there is one book in particular that the kids have loved for a long time - Mr. Brown Can moo! Can you? - a classic if you will. I rather enjoy the rhyming alliteration of sounds and letters swimming on the page - and the faces my kids make when they hear them.

A distant runner up would be One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

What are your favorites, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment