A Pocket for Corduroy by Don Freeman


When I was in grade school, my librarian introduced me to Corduroy. And ever since then, I imagined myself as Lisa, and learned to pretend that my teddy bears had a wild imagination too. It wasn't until much later that I learned there is a series of books that detail Corduroy's adventures. And every chance I get to find some at a used book store, I pick them up.

This classic book is popular in classrooms, and there are many activity guides online like this literature guide, that you could do at home with this great book. 

2 comments:

  1. This is another good one from the time in our life when our sons were small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I can remember our librarian first reading this to our class when I was in school. I went home wishing my teddy bear would come alive and talk to me like Corduroy. Thanks Carla!

    ReplyDelete